Monday, February 4, 2008

Teddy Bear Week

I am constantly thinking of new and inventive ways to incorporate the books that I plan to read in my future classroom into my Pre-K/Kindergarten curriculum. I have organized a Teddy Bear Week in honor of the book, Corduroy.
Teddy Bear Week would obviously begin with the reading of the story, Corduroy. At the beginning of the week, I would bring a teddy bear to the school, and as a class we would all think of a name for our new visitor. Throughout the week the classroom leader would have the responsibility of making sure "Teddy" is safe and comfortable by taking him to lunch and recess and reading to him at storytime. (The leader would be drawn by popcicle sticks with each child's name on each stick at the beginning of each day on this particular week.) At the end of the week, my class would have a Bring Your own Teddy Day. After our lessons for the day, I would have the class share their Teddy's name, and we would eat a picnic outside with our very own "Corduroy's".

No comments: