Thursday, February 7, 2008

Rainbow Fish Activites




After reading Rainbow Fish aloud to my class, I would attempt to integrate its moral into several activities in my classroom. After explaining the importance of sharing, I would divide my classroom in pairs. Instead of giving each individual child a napkin during snack time, I would allow each pair a napkin. The meaning of the excersize would remain obscure until I announced that we would have goldfish for a snack. (I chose goldfish snack crackers to represent the variety of fishes in the story.) Next, each pair would receive a handful of goldfish on their napkin. This activity would force each member of the class to practice sharing and to even begin to work as a team.
I have always vowed that when I have my own classroom, I will have a fish for a classroom pet. So, obviously after the story is read, it would be the perfect opportunity to purchase my fish. My goal of responsibility, teamwork, and sharing would occur everyday when a group of students would be chosen to feed the fish that day.

No comments: